Get Ready for That Remodeling Project
When renovations start, every space should be cleared. Your contractor will have no delays in starting on the demolition phase with a blank state. Although it's the least exciting phase, but it's definitely an important part of the project. Once everything's done, it can make a less stressful move-in. Before a renovation, here are some tips for cleaning and decluttering:
Make a plan. Make sure the right tools for the job is there to begin the move-out process.
- A supply of trash bags should be on hand. You may also donate bags or cardboard boxes.
- For everyday items that is needed, a clear plastic bin is great to have.
- During renovation, cardboard boxes are good for storage. While larger boxes are great for small appliances and other lightweight items.
- For bathroom or bedroom remodeling, a rolling garment rack and a clear plastic drawer is ideal for clothing and toiletries.
- For everyday items you may want to consider bins on wheels. This will make it easier to move around things if needed.
- Lastly, never forget to label your boxes.
Identify the items needed daily. Make sure all items that is needed in daily basis should be identified. Make a storage for them that is easy to access. For kitchen renovation, think about the plates, utensils, cups/mugs and small appliances. In bedrooms and bathrooms, think of the items you'll need like clothes and toiletries.
Decluttering is one of the most important parts of remodeling. This is where you need to get rid of items that won't be needed in your new space. you may consider donating them or selling them. And throw away those things that are no longer needed.
Pack all items you need to keep. Set aside all items that will be going back into your room once renovation ends. Labeling your boxes will make it easier for you to identify them. Find a way where to store your items, whether in the garage or another room in your house.
Protect things that are valuable. Make sure to store all your valuables in a safe place where only you can have access. During renovation, there may be numbers of workers that comes in and out of your home, plus your contractor should be trustworthy. So, it's important to lock your valuables in a safe place or a safe box.
To ensure you have easy access to the things you needed during renovation, take time to be organize and declutter once the project begins. This way, moving back in will be much quicker and easier. Once everything is done, you can spend more time enjoying your new space and less time wondering what you’ve forgotten to do.